Monday , 22nd May 2017
11:30 – 12:00 – Coffee and registration
12:00 – 1:30 – Presentation and Q&A
1:30 – 2:30 – Light lunch and networking
Sheikh Nasser bin Khaled Hall, 2nd Floor,
About the Series
The ICC Qatar Commission on Arbitration and ADR is hosting a monthly series of seminars from January to May 2017 on Arbitration and ADR in Qatar.
This series follows the Commission’s charge to foster the development of trade and investment between Qatar and the international business community. The series is not only aimed at arbitration practitioners, but intended to help inform professionals across the entire Qatari community from businesses, governmental agencies and public and private sectors to students.
The seminars are presented by Commission members and distinguished colleagues, and will address the changes and developments in foreign and domestic arbitration in Qatar, how Qatari professionals might prepare for arbitration and ADR proceedings, and discussion of how arbitration in Qatar links to the international business community and investments.
The Endline of an Arbitration: Enforcement of Arbitral Awards
The real fruit of arbitration is the arbitral award reached at the conclusion of the arbitration process. Such an award would be valueless if it remains only a written statement on a paper without being enforced. The enforcement of an arbitral award, whether a domestic or a foreign arbitral award are subject to national provisions and international conventions. The enforcement procedures conducted before national courts are of vital importance and will be the main subject of this session.
Presentation will be conducted in English with Arabic Translation
- Legal Consultant & Office Manager.
- L.LM. with first grade honors degree, University of Guba 2010.
- LL.B. with distinction, Al-Rabat University, Morocco, Faculty of Law 1984.
- Bar examination certificate passed in the year 1985.
- Advocate roll registration certificate in the year 1986.
- Sudanese bar registration in 1986.
- Lawyer, Sudan1985- 1998.Senior legal advisor with Hassan Sati law office -Doha Qatar. 1998-2001.
- Languages; Excellent in Arabic and English , Manageable French
- Joint Qatar International Law Firm 2001
- President of the Sudanese Community in Qatar 2006-2008.
Dr. Minas Khatchadourian
Dr. Minas Khatchadourian is the Counselor of Qatar International Centre for Conciliation and Arbitration. He Holds a PhD. degree in International Arbitration and he is a member of the Royal Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (UK). He has authored more than 100 articles on international commercial and investment arbitration, construction law, energy law, etc.
Dr. Khatchadourian acts regularly as a party-appointed arbitrator in disputes related to construction contracts, international trade agreements, joint ventures, shipping and transportation contracts, etc.