Government of India will be organizing a land mark event called “Make in India Week” from 13-18 February, 2016 in Mumbai in order to showcase the potential of design, innovation and sustainability across India’s manufacturing sectors in the coming decade.
- The week-long event, to be inaugurated by Hon’ble Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi, will offer foreign investors and businesses unprecedented access, insights and opportunities to showcase, connect and collaborate with young Indian entrepreneurs, industry leaders, academicians, and Government officials at the Central and State levels. The highlights of “Make-in-India Week” will include:
- Make in India Center: This will be the platform for exhibiting innovative products and manufacturing processes developed in India along with a vision to leverage design, innovation and technology in the backdrop of global manufacturing.
- CNN-Asia Business Forum: Would comprise of a series of seminars, CXO meets and round-tables and networking events on economic challenges, investment opportunities etc. The event would feature Global visionaries, and leaders from the fields of finance, industry and design.
- Urban Planning Seminar on re-imagining Mumbai: This session would focus on new impetus for a smarter e-enabled Mumbai collaborating with the best-in-class technology partners.
- Hackathon: A 24-hour marathon event where coders, engineers, and designers collaborate intensively for 24 hours to come up with ideas to solve urban design problems.
- TIME India Awards: Recognizing excellence in the world of manufacturing),
- Empowerment through Design: A day-long forum on rethinking contemporary design practices)
- Maharashtra Night: An evening dedicated to the best of media, entertainment, popular culture, and technology from the State of Maharashtra.
- Experience India: A street food festival.
- Exhibitions on art, craft, technology and textiles (Born in Benaras Textile Show) across all museums and art galleries in Mumbai.
- On this occasion, a one-time edition of “Make-in-India” magazine, brought out by Conde` Nast India, which will showcase some of India’s most creative and dynamic innovators and entrepreneurs across various industries will be released. A presentation deck prepared by Department of Industrial Policy& Promotion (DIPP) on the event can be accessed at: https://www.dropbox.com/s/q6ykta6nnfrozdm/ Make%20in%20India%20Week.pptx?dl=0
- We shall be grateful if you could kindly disseminate information relating to the above-mentioned event suitably among the concerned authorities and relevant organizations to enable their participation in the event. Individual members or delegations interested in participating in this event are requested to register for the event. Details regarding registration and other information on the event can be accessed from the website : http://www.makeinindia.com/mumbai-week .
Click on these links to download the event brochures