The Qatar International Center for Conciliation and Arbitration
About QICCA The Qatar International Center for Conciliation and Arbitration (QICCA) has been established in 2006 by virtue of a resolution of the Qatar Chamber‘s Board of Directors to create an efficient and swift mechanism to settle disputes between Qatari enterprises or between national companies and their foreign counterparts.
- The Center seeks to follow the most recent trends in organizing conciliation and arbitration procedures through its adoption of the model rules prepared by the United Nations Commission for International Trade Law (UNCITRAL) as revised in 2010.
- The Center is part of the Qatar Chamber of Commerce and Industry and recommends to its members the use of some model clauses for conciliation and/or arbitration in their national or international contracts.
- The Center maintains lists of conciliators, arbitrators and experts of international reputation in different areas in order to choose from such lists by the interested parties.
- The Center aims to organize seminars, workshops and conferences to prepare and to train future arbitrators and to encourage the use of alternative dispute resolution methods.
- The Center is a full member in the International Federation for Commercial Arbitration Institutions (IFCAI)
Click here to download the Rules of Conciliation and Arbitration