QATAR CHAMBER offers lots of services via its departments as the following:
Qatar Center for Conciliation & Arbitration
- Managing local and international commercial arbitration and providing technical and administrative services for the free arbitration process.
- Encouraging business community to use arbitration for disputes settlement as a quick and cheap way.
- Adopting advanced concepts for disputes settlement of banking , commercial and investments disputes for the benefits of business community and local and foreign investors who have global business.
- Preparing new generation of Qatari arbitrators able to settle disputes with full efficiency and quality.
- Resolving trade disputes raised among QC members.
- Studying problems and obstacles which are related to the work mechanisms of government departments and competent bodies in Qatar by means of coordination and suggesting solutions for those problems.
- Observing and commenting on laws projects (especially trade and economic laws) taking into account the interests of the private sector.
- Providing consultancy and legal advice to representatives of companies or employers.
Member Affairs Department
First :Certificate of Origin and Attestation
- Issuing certificates of origin .
- Signature Attestation.
- Attestation of commercial invoices for export and re-export purposes.
- Issuing Certificate of Origin for national industrial products under the Unified Economic Agreement among the GCC countries.
- Issuing Certificate of origin for agricultural products and livestock under the Unified Economic Agreement among the GCC countries.
- Issuing Arab Certificate of origin under the provisions of the Facilitating & Developing Trade among Arab countries Agreement.
- Issuing Certificate of Origin under the provisions of the Global System of Trade Preferences (GSTP).
- Issuing Certificate of Origin for re-export and export of products of national origin (non-preferential origin).
- Providing data on re-exporting movement from Qatar to the world.
- Providing reports about Qatar exports to stakeholders according to issued certificates of origin.
Second : Subscriptions
- Companies and establishments Registration.
- Retention of members data.
- Providing information and data about companies members.
Research & Committees Dept.
- Studying business sector problems and suggesting solutions and recommendations .
- Studying regulations and laws related business sector, and give proposals or amendments to the competent authorities.
- Studying and giving suggestions for improving the performance of institutions and organizations relating to the activity sector .
- Cooperation and coordination with the concerned government departments and research and studies centers for providing data and information.
- Studying the effects of global developments and regional and local variables, as well as the effects of the laws in force or the proposed ones on the private sector’s performance .
- Organizing seminars lectures and events.
- Preparing researches and studies about private sector issues.
- Preparing reports about Qatar economic relations and trade exchange volume with other countries in the world.
- Preparing local and global economic reports.
Public Relations and Commercial Information Department
- Organizing business delegations, arranging bookings, and interviews, and inviting Qatari businessmen to attendance .
- Organizing commercial & economic meetings and events, arranging local conferences and seminars for specified topics in the business community in cooperation with official agencies in Qatar.
- Organizing trade exhibitions and missions to overseas markets.
- Attending seminars and meetings .
- Providing all data needed for the different economic activities.
Media & Publishing Department
- Printings : Qatar Commercial and Industrial Directory , Qatar Businessmen Encyclopedia , Laws and Legislations
- QC Magazine ( The Forum ) , QC Website .
Media Coverage :
- Covering all news of the chamber activities in local and Arab newspapers.
- Media cooperation between the chamber and various parties inside and outside the State.
- Following-up media conferences and seminars held in the chamber.
- Showcasing private sector obstacles and troubles in newspaper.
- Consultative Meetings.